Colin In Canada

Tuesday 13 May 2008

The Beginning Of The End

Sunday was the last day of the season for about half our area. Goat's Eye Mountain (Goat's Eye Express), Lower Mountain (Jackrabbit and Wolverine) and the ski-out were all closed. So, on a ride break, I skied them all for the last time.


All this is now closed.


Here's me standing at the top of Goat`s Eye. It seems amazing that they'd close the mountain when the snow was so superb, in fact the snowpack was possibly the deepest and the freshest I'd seen all year! After this I did a lap of Wolverine and went to grab some lunch.

Overnight, the ski-out was ploughed and is now used as a road for Sunshine Vehicles, which goes all the way to the top. I assume that, since Goat's Eye Gardens is now closed, they will start dismantling the temporary building straight away- it must be costing them a lot in rent!
It's true and official (but, strangely, not according to the website, which says that Lower Mountain is still open...).
So in the next week, I'll be packing up both my room and my workplace. I'll try and get out and ski, but with temperatures of +12 - +14 degrees I think just lying in the sun might be a better idea!
This coming weekend is the Beach Party with the cover band BC/DC, then it`s the Slush Cup, but after that it will all be over...

1 Comments:

  • Colin,
    I am going to miss you so much!!!!! Ski School Desk team are the best on the mountain!!!
    I wish you the best in the near future and promise me you keep in contact! You are a top man Mr Field! You make me laugh so much especially when your impersonating Tom Jones!!!!!haha
    Lots of Love
    Dayna :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 13 May 2008 at 11:40  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home