Colin In Canada

Saturday 10 May 2008

Parents arrive!

I spent most of Monday working at Borgeau and at the OSL, watching the clock tick towards when Mum and Dad will arrive. Inpatience obviously makes the hands of the clock very heavy, since they seemed to be moving a lot slower than usual... I got let off work a little early because it was pretty quiet, so went to tidy my room for their arrival. Of course, my room isn't usually that tidy but it's best to maintain the illusion that it is...

Anyway, even though I thought I got on the gondola to go down to the base, with plenty of time before they arrive, when I wandered round to the Hotel Check-in they were already waiting there! I helped them check their bags in then we headed up the gondola to the Village, with a running commentary of the sights and lifts on the way.

I checked them in to the Sunshine Inn, where they were staying in the Goat's Eye Suite which I'd carefully chosen based on their strict criteria such as location, comfort, view, balcony, noise levels, amount of sunshine etc. I'm glad to say they were very impressed... I then lead Dad over to my room to show him where I live, and we picked up all the caggage that I'd bought for them in town.

View from the window of their Suite

Back in the hotel, we had a lovely meal, a hot tub and a bath, then I left them to settle down (they were still a little jet-lagged) so I could go home.


Reunited at last!

1 Comments:

  • And a greatly enjoyed reunion it was.... who'd believe that it is possible for family to miss their 18 year-old?

    However it is well over 6 months since you left UK, Colin. And we HAD missed you (although it must be said that food costs have shrunk considerably)

    Still no sign of a Canadian accent-ay?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10 May 2008 at 19:26  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home